Workforce Diversity Council
Mission: The Workforce Diversity Council (WDC) was formed to support the Greater St. Louis Federal Executive Board and its member agencies in their efforts to ensure and enhance the consideration, value and visibility of diversity at all levels in the federal employment, programs and service delivery.
Meeting Dates & Times: Normally, the WDC meets the first Tuesday of each month at 2:00 p.m. at various locations.
Duties & Responsibilities: Diversity encompasses all aspects of the American mosaic, including race, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, religion, economic status, culture, and sexual orientation, among others. The WDC is empowered to accomplish its mission by:
- Facilitating and promoting interagency communication
- Facilitating and promoting interagency sharing of ideas and resources
- Facilitating, promoting, conducting and participating in educational programs and activities, for both the federal and civic communities, and
- Facilitating, promoting and implementing innovations to address the needs related to diversity
Membership: The WDC is comprised of federal employees that the Greater St. Louis FEB agency leaders nominate to represent their agencies. WDC members should be individuals with an interest in and commitment to diversity who are motivated and enabled to actively support the WDC mission, including work on tasks and projects.
- Council members shall be appointed by their respective agency leaders
- The WDC shall elect officers from their membership
- Officers shall include a Chair, Vice-Chair, and Secretary
The WDC receives support from the Greater St. Louis FEB and its staff. The WDC functions at the pleasure of the Greater St. Louis FEB executive council, which can request and recommend programs and implement any changes to the WDC it feels would better serve the needs of the greater St. Louis federal community.