Greater STL FEB recommended operating status:
For Wed, 19 September 2018
On Thursday, September 6th, 2018, the National Weather Service in St. Louis has issued the following:
• Flash Flood Watch for the City of St. Louis until 0700 on Sunday, September 9th, 2018.
• Flood Warning for the Mississippi River at St. Louis from Monday afternoon until further notice.
This Flood Warning is a result of excessive rainfall in upstream basins over the past week and 3 to 5 inches of precipitation forecast in the next 72 hours.
At 11:30 AM Thursday the river stage was 17.2 feet. Flood stage is 30.0 feet. The river is forecast to rise above flood stage by Monday afternoon and continue to crest near 32.8 feet by early Wednesday morning.
* Impact: At 32.0 feet...Flood panels at Carr Street and Poplar Street are installed. Water will reach the base of the floodgates at Carr Street at 35 feet, and at Poplar Street at 36.5 feet.
* Impact: At 31.9 feet...The entrance to the parking garage just north of Eads bridge begins flooding.
* Impact: At 30.0 feet...Floodwall at Lacledes Landing is closed.
* Impact: At 18.5 feet...Riverfront parking east of Leonor K. Sullivan Boulevard begins flooding.
AFFECTED AREAS: St. Louis, MO, St. Clair, IL, & St. Louis City, MO
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS: Rainfall heavier than forecast could cause river levels to rise even higher than predicted. The National Weather Service will monitor this developing situation and issue follow up statements as conditions or forecasts change.
SAFETY MESSAGE: Never drive cars, trucks, or sport utility vehicles through flooded areas. The water may be too deep to allow for safe passage. This product, along with additional weather and stream information, is available at:
STL FEB Operating Status Hotline: (314)-539-6316
NOTE: Notification of emergency situations, analysis, and attendance recommendations generated under this plan are
The final decision to the dismissal of employees is the responsibility of each individual, agency, and/or installation head.
Weather Information: Updates and information on weather conditions in and around the greater St. Louis area can be obtained through the National Weather Service.